It's funny, flattering and embarrassing: Our local chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters has convinced me to run for "Big Celebrity." This will involve a lot of work, mainly in the area of fund-raising. (Whomever raises the most money in their category wins. I'm going up against someone in local radio and someone in TV) The campaign, which starts July 27, will culminate Oct. 7 with a formal event titled, appropriately enough, the "Big Event."
I was asked to run a few years ago when I was an editor at a different publication. But this time I can't pass it up--I and the publication I work for need the exposure. And, of course, it's for an excellent cause.
This will also serve as the impetus to get off the "hey I just had a baby" gravy train that I've been riding for the past, oh, 21 months and drop some serious poundage. Gotta fit into a sexy dress. This is going to be scary!
I'll let everyone know when my campaign Web site is up so you can donate mass bucks.





3 comments:
I vote for your bodacious rack.
Wanna fly up here and get some free highlights ? I'll give you Jessica Simpson extensions, too!
I'll settle for Jessica Simpson's rack.
Post a Comment